Monday, April 18, 2016

Pasta


I am just in the learning process of food photography, trying out different backgrounds, white vs black, colorful vs grey, discovering new tricks everyday and hoping that some day my food pics are gonna look professional, just like those in fancy shmancy  culinary magazines. I love to cook, I also have a food blog where I share my recipes: kitchen drama, but I thought it might be a good idea to create a blog dedicated solely for food photography, where I can share my everyday learning experience while taking delicious pics.  
So here it is, my first post on this blog, shooting garlic&basil pasta.

I found a "behind the scenes pic" I have taken with my phone, while shooting this pasta dish.
I was aiming for a more dramatic photo, somehow darker, accentuating the color of the food. As you can see I improvise a lot, being an amateur photographer I try to do my best with what I have at hand, hence the books and the black towel I used to stop reflecting the light. 

The manual camera settings I used are as follows: 

Exposure: 1/20s
Aperture: f/3.2
ISO:400

... and the lens I usually use for food photography is a Canon 50mm f 2.5 Macro Lens.

Click Click Guten Appetit !




No comments:

Post a Comment